The northwest corner of SC, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is rich in nature and history. Explore lakes, quaint towns, battlefields and more.
Plunging over a granite cliff surrounded by granite walls, Rainbow Falls is spectacular. The 140-foot drop of Cox Camp Creek is breathtaking.
Located on Camp Greenville property. It is a strenuous 45 minute downhill hike to reach the falls. You must register at the camp office before beginning the trek. Not recommended for small children.
Hike length: 0.5 miles
GPS Waypoints Lat: 35.1339 Lon: -82.5884
1. NORTH on US 276, past Caesars Head State Park.
2. RIGHT at Camp Greenville at NC/SC state line.
3. Continue 4 miles to the camp office and PARK.
4. Head of trail begins near the parking are, LEFT before crosswalk sign.
5. Just past the second of two sets of ropes, the trail makes a switchback over an outcrop. Remember this landmark. The switchback is not confusing going to the falls, but can be missed on the return trip.
6. When you reack Cox Cree, turn RIGHT (north) and ascend the dirt path.
7. About 30 yards from this turn is a large fallen tree you can use to cross the creek. There is also a wire cable nearby.
Use caution and ropes to reach the falls.