Though this waterfall goes by many names including Reedy Cove Falls and Rock Falls, once you see it you won't forget it. 70-feet of bare granite and rushing waterfalls make this a beautiful sight. The left and larger of the falls tumbles from a height of 75-feet over a massive slab of granite, while the right side manages a short drop onto another stone and then slides down a 45-degree slope before rejoining its brother. It's a fine show for an easy 15-minute walk along the .025 mile trail which leads to a viewing deck with seating. The falls and trail are located on a private nature preserve. You hike at your own risk.
GPS Waypoints Lat: 35.0134 Lon: -82.8178
1. From Pickens, drive NORTH on US 178 for approximately 12 miles and turn LEFT (southwest) onto Cleo Chapman Road (Pickens County S-39-100) at Bob’s Place Tavern.
2. Drive 2 miles to a “T” intersection, then turn RIGHT (north) onto Eastatoe Community Road (Pickens County S-39-92).
3. Drive 1 mile and turn RIGHT (east) onto Waterfalls Road, which turns to gravel.
4. Continue on this road until it ends at a parking area.
5. Walk down the old roadbed that starts at the end of the parking area. It is approximately 0.25 mile to the waterfall.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.
The information on this website is used entirely at the reader's discretion, and is made available on the expressed condition that no liability, expressed or implied, is accepted by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association or any of its associates, employees or affiliates for the accuracy, content or use thereof. Links to other websites from this website do not imply endorsement by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association.