Miuka Falls is a 75-foot waterfall located off a spur trail of the popular Winding Stairs Trail. It is an easy, 45-minute hike (1.2 miles) that bustles with birds, small animals and wildflowers beneath a canopy of hardwoods, mostly oaks. It is the West Fork of Townes Creek that you follow along Winding Stairs Trail, which is more gently graded than stepped. Getting an unobstructed view of the falls requires some bushwhacking through thick growth of rhododendron, mountain laurel and azalea.
NOTE: Secret Falls can also be reached by hiking the Winding Stairs Trail.
GPS Waypoints Lat: 34.9331 Lon: -83.0854
1. From Walhalla, drive NORTHWEST on SC 28 for 8.4 miles and bear RIGHT (north) onto SC 107.
2. Drive another 8.7 miles and PARK on the right just before the sign for the Cherry Hill Recreation Area.
3. Start your hike with an ascent on the Winding Stairs Trail, which starts at the RIGHT (south) of two yellow posts.
4. At 0.2 mile the trail bears RIGHT, and a path from the Cherry Hill Recreation Area enters from the left.
5. From this junction hike south for 0.9 mile and bear LEFT onto a spur trail to see Miuka Falls.
6. Hike another 0.2 mile to a clearing. You will hear the falls. Descend the steep bank to view the falls through the foliage.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.
The information on this website is used entirely at the reader's discretion, and is made available on the expressed condition that no liability, expressed or implied, is accepted by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association or any of its associates, employees or affiliates for the accuracy, content or use thereof. Links to other websites from this website do not imply endorsement by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association.