The path to Long Creek Falls is not an official forest service trail so there may not be permanent markings. Regardless, this 1.6 mile hike is delightful because of the wildlife and, in the summertime, the abundant wildflowers like violet skullcap, white rattlesnake plantain and foamflower. The 50-foot, multi-tiered falls of Long Creek are 30 yards from the Chattooga River, which is where the trail ends. Look for a spur trail to Top-of-the-Rock for a spectacular view of the Chattooga.
GPS Waypoints Lat: 34.7852 Lon: -83.3235
1. From Westminster drive WEST on US 76 for 13.3 miles and turn LEFT (west) onto Damascus Church Road (Oconee County S-37-96). Long Creek Fire Station will be on your right after this turn.
2. Drive 0.8 mile and turn RIGHT (slightly northwest) onto Battle Creek Road (Oconee County S-37-102).
3. Drive 1.9 miles and turn RIGHT (northwest) onto Turkey Ridge Road (FS 755, gravel road).
4. Drive approximately 3 miles and PARK in the grassy clearing near FS 755 I.
5. Hike along FS 755 I. At 0.1 mile be sure to keep RIGHT on FS 755 I, which ends in a small parking area.
6. From the parking area, follow the RIGHT-side path 0.5 mile to a fork.
7. Take the RIGHT fork and hike approximately 0.7 mile. Listen for the falls.
8. Take the side path on the LEFT, going down to the river. Though steep, this side path is fairly easy to descend. This spot is several hundred yards past a large bend in the trail and at the end of a long, gradual decline.
9. After approximately 125 yards, you will arrive at the river. You are now approximately 30 yards from the base of the falls.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.
The information on this website is used entirely at the reader's discretion, and is made available on the expressed condition that no liability, expressed or implied, is accepted by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association or any of its associates, employees or affiliates for the accuracy, content or use thereof. Links to other websites from this website do not imply endorsement by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association.