Lohr's Falls is located just above Yellow Branch Falls. The falls was found on accident by the Lohr family who took a wrong turn coming back from Yellow Branch Falls. It is a strenuous, hour-long hike and a little bushwhacking is needed.
1. From Walhalla drive WEST on SC 28 for 5.4 miles to the Yellow Branch Picnic Area on your LEFT.
2. Beginning at the kiosk on the left side of the parking lot, follow the Nature Trail for 0.2 miles then turn RIGHT on the Yellow Branch Falls Trails.
3. After going down some wood steps and crossing a footbridge continue another 0.2 miles to a sharp left turn to a creek (do not cross it). Take a RIGHT on an old logging road uphill to a small ridge.
4. As the raod flattens keep right and you will slowly descend toward the creek. The creek should remain to your left for another 0.4 miles. The path then proceeds to get steeper. Once you reach the top there is a large tree laying along the ridge (take a break here).
5. Follow the path along the side of the tree and head down the ridge to the intersection of 2 creeks. The creek on your left is Yellow Branch, the right is unnamed. Cross the unnammed creek and work your way upstream for about 50-60 feet where it becomes a flat, wide bottomed creek. You will see a mountain on the left and the creek on the right.
6. The creek goes North for a short distance then makes a left turn heading West into the gorge where Lohr's Falls is located.
7. Stay close to the mountian on your left and bushwhack through open woods for 0.2 miles to then again reach the stream.
8. Cross the stream at a small waterfall and continue upstream for 0.1 miles where you will finally end up at the base of Lohr's Falls.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.
The information on this website is used entirely at the reader's discretion, and is made available on the expressed condition that no liability, expressed or implied, is accepted by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association or any of its associates, employees or affiliates for the accuracy, content or use thereof. Links to other websites from this website do not imply endorsement by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association.
Member Since: 2016