Less than a mile hike down the Chattooga Trail offers two waterfalls: the two-tiered, 80-foot Licklog Falls and the 25-foot stack of Pigpen Falls. Licklog Creek tumbles into Pigpen as two long, divided veils which empty into a sandy pool. Farther down the trail is the first section of Licklog, a two-tiered 30-foot high falls with a sandy bottomed swimming hole. Another 50 yards down the trail is the second section, a 50-foot tier that dumps directly into the Chattooga River. To see the Licklog Falls from the trail is easy, but the descent to the base of the falls is quite difficult. A large camping area is nearby.
GPS Waypoints for Licklog: Lat: 34.9294 Lon: -83.1305; GPS Waypoints for Pigpen: Lat: 34.928583 Lon: -83.1292
1. From Walhalla, drive NORTHWEST on SC 28 for 8.4 miles and bear RIGHT (north) onto SC 107.
2. Drive 3.1 miles and turn LEFT (west) onto Village Creek Road, just past the entrance to Oconee State Park.
3. Drive 1.7 miles and turn RIGHT onto Nicholson Ford Road (FS 775, gravel road).
4. Drive 2.2 miles to a parking area on the RIGHT.
5. PARK and access the Foothills Trail at the NORTHWEST corner of the lot.
6. Hike west on the Foothills Trail (white blaze) for .5 mile and turn LEFT onto the Chattooga Trail.
7. Hike .2 mile to Pigpen Falls.
8. Cross the footbridge continue for .2 mile on the Chattooga Trail and the first level of Licklog Falls will be to the right of the trail.
9. The second level is approximately 50 yards downstream of the first.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.
The information on this website is used entirely at the reader's discretion, and is made available on the expressed condition that no liability, expressed or implied, is accepted by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association or any of its associates, employees or affiliates for the accuracy, content or use thereof. Links to other websites from this website do not imply endorsement by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association.