Eastern Stream Falls is a "cataract bog" created by the Eastern Stream. A cataract bog is an open seepage area on a granite exposure. Hiking is going to take a little more than an hour so be sure to take plenty of water! Visiting this falls after a heavy rain will give you the best view.
1. From the Post Office in Cleveland where US 276 and SC 11 meet, follow 276 for 1.1 miles and turn RIGHT onto River Falls Road.
2. Continue down River Falls Road for 2.9 miles to Oil Camp Creek Road on the LEFT.
3. Once on Oild Camp Road, drive 1.9 miles to where the pavement ends. But continue down the dirt road for 0.1 mile to a small parking area.
4. Once parked, walk around the green barricade and hike 0.5 mile to a red barricade. Walk around this barricade too, and continue for another 250 feet to Pinnacle Pass Trail #20 on your RIGHT.
5. Follow Pinnacle Pass Trail for 0.6 mile to the bottom of the waterfall.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.
The information on this website is used entirely at the reader's discretion, and is made available on the expressed condition that no liability, expressed or implied, is accepted by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association or any of its associates, employees or affiliates for the accuracy, content or use thereof. Links to other websites from this website do not imply endorsement by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association.
Member Since: 2016