At first sight this water fall may just seem to be a small ripple in a stream but further investigation reveals a 12-foot drop over black granite. The water proceeds to flow ina 3-foot wide split in the ground disappearing into an underground stream.
1. From Walhalla drive WEST on SC 28 for 8.1 miles then bear RIGHT (north) onto SC 107.
2. Drive approximately 2.3 miles to the entrance of Oconee State Park on your right.
3. Continue 0.5 miles then turn RIGHT onto Old Horse Bone Road (FS716).
4. Turn RIGHT at the entrance to State Park Estates followed by an immediate RIGHT (before yhr entrance gate) onto the gravel road. Follow the gravel road for 0.9 miles turning RIGHT into the short road where you can park infront of the barricade.
5. Beginning behind the barricade, follow the old roadbed 125 feet to a sign that points LEFT towards Hidden Falls. Turn LEFT on the Hidden Falls Trail and walk 0.3 miles.
6. Finally, turn RIGHT onto a 30-foot path to Disappearing Falls.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.
The information on this website is used entirely at the reader's discretion, and is made available on the expressed condition that no liability, expressed or implied, is accepted by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association or any of its associates, employees or affiliates for the accuracy, content or use thereof. Links to other websites from this website do not imply endorsement by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association.
Member Since: 2016