Ashmore Falls is an enormous 150 feet high, while it starts 300 feet above Lake Wattacoo and then falls into Wattacoo Creek. Go see this waterfall after a rain and when the lake is calm to get that perfect mirrored picture!
1. From the Post Office in Cleveland where US 276 and SC meet, take 276 West toward Caesars Head State Park and after 3.2 miles turn RIGHT on Persimmon Ridge Road.
2. Follow Persimmon Ridge Road for 0.8 mile where you will then find a parking area.
3. Once parked, follow the gravel road uphill for another 200 feet and there is a trail with a sign for the Ashmore Heritage Preserve.
4. Follow this trail, crossing the shallow West Fork Creek and ignoring the trail to the left (keep right).
5. Continue uphill then right onto broken pavement. Continue on the broken pavement as it turns sharply to the left and you will now be at the dam of Lake Wattacoo.
As we just provide information, if you have a question regarding a particular trail, it is best to contact the source listed. We encourage good stewardship of our natural resources. Be prepared for your outing and Leave No Trace of your visit. For more hiking and waterfall trips, check out the publications of Milestone Press.
The information on this website is used entirely at the reader's discretion, and is made available on the expressed condition that no liability, expressed or implied, is accepted by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association or any of its associates, employees or affiliates for the accuracy, content or use thereof. Links to other websites from this website do not imply endorsement by Discover Upcountry Carolina Association.
Member Since: 2016