The Greater Anderson Musical Arts Consortium’s roots stretch back to September 1921 when the Anderson Music Club was organized at Bleckley Place, the home of Mrs. Fred Maxwell just one year after the founding of the South Carolina Federation of Music Clubs. From that time forward, the Anderson Music Club worked to promote the musical arts in the Anderson community. The following years have seen the expansion of GAMAC to include the Chorale, GAMAC Chamber Orchestra, Anderson Symphony Orchestra, Chamber Singers Boychoir, Girl Choir, Youth Chorus, Electric City Big Band and The Dixielanders. Now in its 17th season, GAMAC presents a Masterworks, Anderson Symphony Orchestra and Youth concert series annually in addition to a variety of education and outreach efforts that entertain, educate and enrich lives.
Member Since: 2014