This restored 1845 grist mill is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is the only mill in SC grinding with original wheel components.
The site includes a reproduced Cherokee home site, blacksmith shop, 1791 Murphree cabin, 1830s Hagood cabin and more. The mill is open during daylight hours to picnic and hike and the third Saturday every month for folklife festivals with demonstrations, living history and musical entertainment. Group tours are offered by appointment.
In addition to the “3rd Saturday” events, the Hagood Mill Historic Site & Folklife Center is now open Wed. through Sat. from 10:00 to 4:00 to tour the grounds and to pick up those “mill products.” For more information contact Hagood Mill at 864-898-2936 or the Pickens County Museum at 864-898-5963.
Member Since: 2014